[guadec-list] Fubdraisers contacting sponsors

En/na Dave Neary ha escrit:

> So we *definitely* need more fundraisers, outside the board, for major
> sponsors.

Of course more people is always better than less people. However, I
think that what we really need is to get the right contact inside the
companies we are looking for sponsorship.

Getting the right contacts from the advisory board members shouldn't be
difficult, nor from previous sponsors like Nokia or sympathetic
companies such as Google. Someone in GNOME has this knowledge and we
need to compile it in a single file (see yesterday's log). There are
only twenty-something non-Spanish organisations listed in
http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC2006_2fSponsors , and we know already most
of them. (Javi, Devin and me take care of the Spanish ones)

Once the person is contacted the negotiation can be done by a negotiator
based on the objective interest of GUADEC andGNOME rather than personal
contacts only.

Mixing personal contacts with sponsorship is sometimes good because
friendship etc can help getting more sponsorship. However, sometimes is
risky because precisely friendship etc is an obstacle to talk frankly
about money, services offered and so on. Friends are not always good
negotiators.

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org