Re: Re : Re : [guadec-list] Printed program content

It's true that an A3 newspapers has less pages than an A5 booklet with
the same content. Don't you think it's easier, though. Small pages in a
booklet are more template-friendly, and just using few templates you get
the whole thing done with a decent quality look.

Layout design on A3 without falling in boreness and amateurism is fair
too difficult (in my opinion, and I've worked several years in a
newspaper). You only need to open many local newspapers and commercial
prospects using this format to know what I mean - and they are done by
professionals!

There are two months left for the event and the few of us committing
regularly to GUADEC tasks need to be aware of the amount of work we
assume. Ludovic, just remember the work that took us to have a decent
Sponsor's Brochure with a handful of A4 pages. Compiling & reviewing the
texts and images for the program, deciding what goes on every page,
writing the contents that need to be written, and designing the
templates and graphics we want to have is already a huge amount of work.

Seriously, I would avoid getting ourselves into the production (el
montaje) itself. Remember that in the meantime you need to build a team
of volunteers for the on-site management as well...