Re: [guadec-list] How to structure the schedule

Let's say we are expecting an average of 500 people to come during the 3
core days. You proposal implies all this people will be tight to a
single agenda and a single location from Monday to Wednesday. The room
should be big (this is not a problem, we'll have it) but this implies
that one-->many wil be the default setup since many-->many is really
complex to deal wit in big spaces.

Well, I have never attended an event like this.

Also, if this is the plan I don't see why have we struggled so much with
the room requirements.

I think it is good to split people in different rooms, working on a good
coverage and publishing of what's going on in all the sessions. This
allows any session to have a more focused and more reduced audience, the
 essential ingredients to open the door to many -> many games.

Also we need to assume that precisely the people subscribed to this is
list has the most wide cross-discipline interests. If we are going to
get a +200 audience we should expect to receive people interested
actually in only some topics, being really bored with the rest. Even
inside the core community we could find such profiles.

Even myself  ;)  got bored in some sessions in Stuttgart, not because of
the session itself but because of my knowledge/interest in the topic. In
Stuttgart I couod say it was my fault for choosing a talk not
appropriate for me, but if in Vilanova the organisation has decided I
should be in this session and only in this session... I imagine I may
get upset easily.

En/na Glynn Foster ha escrit:

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org