Re: [guadec-list] How to structure the schedule

En/na Glynn Foster ha escrit:
> My only concern is to
> try and avoid the 4 parallel stream headache that we've had in previous
> years.

We are betting for 3 parallel tracks and I wouldn't include any other
activity during "track time". A rough schedule of a day during GUADEC
core could be (sessions have 10-15 minutes break in between)

9.00 doors open, wifi up, rooms available for programmed BOFs and casual
meetings.

10.00 plenary session

11.30 tracks - heavy sessions i.e. many-to-many

13.10 tracks - light sessions i.e. one-to-many

14.00 lunch

15:00 tracks - light sessions i.e. one-to-many

16:00 tracks - heavy sessions i.e. many-to-many

17:45 plenary session

19.00 END OF GAME

> Let's concentrate on less 1 -> many talks, and more many <-> many
> discussions and brainstorming.

Agreed. Even the 1 -> many can be more diverse i.e. small team -> many,
not-just-talk sessions, good performers and Imagination, Imagination,
Imagination (III (c))

> Otherwise I like the idea of having 2 weekends for core developers to
> sit down and find a quiet corner to discuss stuff.

I like the idea of favouring BOFs, workshops and hacking activities
before Monday and after Wednesday, so during the core GUADEC we can
concentrate on meeting in bigger groups and discuss more general,
theoric ("atmospheric", said Andy) topics.

(And yes, football should be on Sunday evening following the local
tradition)  :)

--
Quim Gil - http://desdeamericaconamor.org