Re: [guadec-list] IMPORTANT: GUADEC change of dates and location

Jordi, I'm really sorry to read this now. You have been following during
monts the process of charm and crisis with the IGC and the GUADEC. We

I have to say that I never felt too comfortable working with IGC. They are really focused to the professional world (that is good for a few things) but I do personally prefer a public university.

were talking about the need to do something to avoid something worst two
months ago. I actually thought you were subscribed to guadec-planning
since long time ago, and following all the discussion. You were CCed
with Carlos Gonz�z of the STSI in the earliest mails where I urged to
do moves... At the very end Carlos and I were the ones having to make
decisions to offer a sustainable alternative to the GNOME Foundation.
And this is what we did, as good as we could.

I just learnt about this Vilanova thing today. I have not been very good at following my mail lately, but that was the first news I got.

The STSI looked for alternatives and they recommended Vilanova. IMHO
it's too late now. The UPC is hosting the event in Vilanova, they like
and use free software as you know.  :)

I know very well. I teach in their free software master. What's the problem using the very large facilities that UPC also has in Barcelona city?

IMHO, changing the location of the event and also changing the city also are really major decisions for any GUADEC that should be checked with the community.

Where ever is finally done, I'll going to help as much as I can.

Jordi,
--

Jordi Mas i Hern�ez, HomePage http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas/
Bloc personal http://www.softcatala.org/~jmas/bloc/