Re: GU4DEC - Let's start the discussion now.

That's why we have it in the "US", i.e. Canada.

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 08:31, Daniel Pisano wrote:
> Sven Neumann wrote:
>

> > IMO having a software conference in the US is not an option unless the
> > United States drop the DMCA.

(FWIW, after having read both the DMCA and the Berne convention, I am of
the opinion that the DMCA does not extend significantly (if at all) past
the agreements of the Berne convention and therefore it seems likely
that countries that are "safe" either really aren't (i.e. their
equivalent laws are not so high profile) or are in violation of
international agreement)