Re: why not usring + ustring = ustring like QT?

On Mo, 2014-01-27 at 17:24 +0100, Giuseppe Penone wrote:
Hi, I wonder why we cannot add the support for operator + like in
QString, it is so

incredible useful.

You can use the + operator with Glib::ustring just fine, just as you can
with std::string. Is there any particular problem that you are having.

One more thing, after a request I spent time to create the windows
gtkmm binaries based on official 3.6.4 bundle and provided a link to
my successful work but then I received no feedback, did I just waste
my time? Well if the (only) effort to create gtkmm binaries is
ignored, even if coming from a donkey, I don't see much future for
gtkmm.

Sorry, I've been a little busy, but I have recently installed Windows 8
in a virtual machine, so I might get a chance to investigate this.

I had hoped that other people who used Windows more often would provide
some feedback.

You also said that you'd provide the scripts that you used to create
these binaries. Could you please do that? I hesitate to investigate much
myself if I can't reproduce the binaries after making changes.

Murray
www.openismus.com