Re: How I can change the translation from the program?

2011/8/2 MysteriousMan . <yahyai-0 hotmail com>:
> I have add the following
>
> setenv("LANG", "ar", TRUE);
> setenv ("LANGUAGE", "ar", TRUE);
>
> The program is in english , and Ar.po exist on po folder
> But the language didn't change even if I restart the program 10 times

That's not everything:
1. You need to call textdomain() to set the translation domain,
usually your app's name, e.g. textdomain("your_app")
2. During build, you need to compile the .po files to .mo files using
msgfmt (there are Autotools scripts to help) and then put them in the
correct directory, e.g.
/usr/local/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/your_app.mo (make install
should do this for you)
3. The text domain name you've set on program start must match the
name of the .mo file

Regards, Krzysztof