Re: hilghlighting

José Alburquerque wrote:

> I'm only trying to help you reach your programming goals.  Once more, I
> hope I didn't offend you.  I could be wrong about my answers.  I just
> hope they help.

no not at all. it's interesting why it's not working. I would suspect that
it should. It's up to the people using MinGW to find the issue. Finally
string should have the same size in MinGW and both should be utf. it has
already had issues with locales. It looks at least  to me to be a locale
issue. Did you run in the bash shell or in the cmd? it all makes sense.

> I wasn't sure about this.  However, the output from the test case you
> posted on Windows led me to suspect otherwise.

I don't think it's a utf issue. the code should work the same way it works
in the linux console.

But anyway the example you gave was not bad. IT would be even better if you
had given a counter example using Glib::ustring, because I'm still not
convinced.

thanks in advance and regards