Re: hilghlighting

michi7x7 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> why don't use gtksourceviewmm?
> http://projects.gnome.org/gtksourceviewmm/

Thanks, sounds good.

The problem is that I want to highlight just specific portions of the
textflow. I.e. <name>John Doe</name> should appear _bold_ or green or be
clickable.

Is it doable with gtksourceview or is it only highlighting the syntax?
I don't want to have tag_name in the output, or to write rules for
gtksourceview.

It is also not said that it should transform to xml ... it could be possible
that there is reusable editor widget or similar ...

Looking at gtksourceview it's too much overhead for the simple task I want
to complete - it might be better to get a simple parser and highlighter.

Anyway thanks for the idea - I even didn't know sourceview does exist.

regards