Re: Gstreamer inside Gtkmm window

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 11:44 +0200, Mattia Donna Bianco wrote:
> Il 07/05/2010 20:45, José Alburquerque ha scritto:
> > I think you would have to do something similar with your code (ie.
> > connect to the drawing area's realize signal, store the ID of the area
> > when you receive the signal and then (when it is time to set the
> > overlay's ID), set the stored ID.
> >

> I've done all the things told me above, but the Gstreamer overlay
> continue to use all the window, not just the portion of the frame
> associated. I noticed that the function get_window() return the main
> window ID, so I think that is natural that Gstreamer occupies all the
> window.

I'm not sure about that.  I would guess that the drawing area should
have its own ID.  I could be wrong.  Would you be able to provide a
reduced test case exhibiting the behavior?

> Is there some way to set a "subwindow" to a Gtk::Frame?
> Moreover, I found this page
> http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gstxoverlay.html#gst-x-overlay-set-render-rectangle
> but in the last distribution of winbuild this function is not available
> yet. There is a way around to obtain the same result. I know that is not
> the right mailing list to ask this but maybe someone can reply.

I didn't have to use that function in the example cited.  However, it
might be a workaround for what you're experiencing.  You might try
asking on the gstreamer list in case they have suggestions.

--
José