Re: Gstreamer inside Gtkmm window

On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 17:25 +0200, Mattia Donna Bianco wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to insert a gstreamer output inside a Gtk window. I managed
> to do that but I would to reserve to the gstreamer output just a
> portion of the entire window; in fact I associated the output with a
> Gtk::DrawingArea, but when the video plays the video frame acquires
> all the toplevel window area. How can I prevent that? I set the size
> of the Gtk::DrawingArea with the  function

If the drawing area is not realized before setting the overlay ID, the
ID of the toplevel window could be used.  I think I experienced a
similar problem when creating the media player example that I referred
you to in your first post (yesterday).

The way the example handles this is that it connects to the drawing
area's "realize" signal[1] and then stores the drawing area's ID when it
is realized[2].  After, when it is time, it uses the stored ID to set
the overlay's ID[3].

[1]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gstreamermm/tree/examples/media_player_gtkmm/player_window.cc#n82
[2]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gstreamermm/tree/examples/media_player_gtkmm/player_window.cc#n115
[3]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gstreamermm/tree/examples/media_player_gtkmm/player_window.cc#n126

I think you would have to do something similar with your code (ie.
connect to the drawing area's realize signal, store the ID of the area
when you receive the signal and then (when it is time to set the
overlay's ID), set the stored ID.

--
José