Re: Avoiding string break...

2010/5/7 Mark Roberts <gtkmm manumark de>:
> Dear Glus,

> It is often suggested that a problem be reduced to a minimal program before
> posting it to the list. I understand that a client-server app can not be
> reduced to a ten-liner. But I still had the impression that your code was
> rather lengthy and so I didn't take the time to scrutinate it.
>
> I know that some people have more time available than I have, but I wouldn't
> be surprised if a few people felt the same as me.
>
> All the best,
> Mark

Hi,

It's not necessary to look all the code, just if you need some more
data or want to run something in your computer... The question is that
in some cases (not all !!!) an std::string with encrypted values is
not sent entirely (through the Gio::Socket::send() &
Gio::Socket::receive() methods...). (hypothesis:) When the client
tries to decrypt this partial string throws an std::bad_alloc
exception instance (maybe, because it's, in fact, incomplete).

I haven't enough knowledge to find what happens inside this string, if
so. But in any cases, I need to ask you some help. Maybe, the
encryption routines are not the most appropiate. I choosen AES because
-as I know- is one of the most powerful symmetric encryption
algorithms.

Regards,

Glus