Re: gtkmm and C++0x
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Mark Roberts <gtkmm manumark de>
- Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtkmm and C++0x
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:46:01 +0200
On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 21:18 +0200, Mark Roberts wrote:
> I wouldn't want gtkmm to drop compatibilty with my old gcc just
> there is a newer gcc available that I know I'm not going to install.
We don't know of any reason that we would need to drop support.
I'm mostly just asking for people to
a) Check that gtkmm builds with C++0x.
b) Check that example code works when it uses C++0x features, and check
if that suggests any need for improvements in the gtkmm API.
c) Explore what C++0x features, if any, we might want to use in the API,
which might require dropping support.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev