gtkmm and C++0x

The next version of the C++ standard (C++0x) might arrive this year,
though we've heard that before. But maybe it will really happen this
time.

g++ already supports some C++0x features:
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html
via the -std=c++0 option (or -std=gnu++0x . I'm not sure). For instance,
we can use the wonderful auto keyword:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%2B%2B0x#Type_inference

It would be nice if someone played with using these new features in
gtkmm. For intsance, create a git branch and try to replace use of
Glib::RefPtr<Thing> with auto wherever possible.

www.openismus.com