Getting the TreeModelColumns from a Glade file

Hi,

I'd like to set and get the values of a Gtk::TreeStore that I've instantiated in Glade. I'd like to do this the way it is done in the gtkmm-tutorial (with the overloaded [] operator of the TreeRow). The problem is that, I either generate the whole TreeView in the code (which I'd like to avoid, if somehow possible) and specify the necessary TreeModelColumns by hand, or I have to extract them somehow from what is generated in Glade. Since the columns are not objects in Glade, I was hoping I could access them using the model or the view... Unfortunately I can't find anything in the documentation.

Is there an easier way to manipulate a TreeRow or am I just missing something here?

Regards,
    Dominik.