Re: Getting the TreeModelColumns from a Glade file

On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 06:40 +0200, Dominik Gabi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set and get the values of a Gtk::TreeStore that I've
> instantiated in Glade. I'd like to do this the way it is done in the
> gtkmm-tutorial (with the overloaded [] operator of the TreeRow).

If you can get the model using Gtk::Builder::get_object(), it should be
possible to get to a desired row by dereferencing an iterator of the
model (see Gtk::TreeModel::get_iter()[1] and the section on "Iterating
over Model Rows"[2] in the online book).  You would have to define a
Gtk::TreeModelColumnRecord corresponding to the model so that something
like:

(*iter)[columns.a_column] = ...;

could be done.

[1]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm/stable/classGtk_1_1TreeModel.html#aebaa795e4920ddc0ec5e39c9f4fbc660
[2]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-iterating-over-model-rows.html

> The
> problem is that, I either generate the whole TreeView in the code (which
> I'd like to avoid, if somehow possible) and specify the necessary
> TreeModelColumns by hand, or I have to extract them somehow from what is
> generated in Glade. Since the columns are not objects in Glade, I was
> hoping I could access them using the model or the view... Unfortunately
> I can't find anything in the documentation.

It should be possible to get the columns of the TreeView (created in
glade) using Gtk::TreeView::get_column().

--
José