Re: gtkmm 3.0 and libsigc++

2010/7/29 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
> On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 08:37 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>> but to stress again: the key decision was to just leave sigc++ alone
>> in connection with gtkmm, which was easy for us since we already use
>> the "no GUI code in another thread" model.
>
> (I haven't read the whole thread yet)
>
> But this libsigc++ issue is still an issue with gtkmm, right?

well, only if you try to use multiple threads that execute gtkmm code.
if you stick to the "all GUI (gtkmm) code is in one thread", then
there's no issue at all. i think the problem is that some people:

     a) don't like that programming model
     b) want to use sigc++ for things other than interacting with
gtkmm and involving multiple threads

my answer to both is "don't".

--p