Re: gtkmm 3.0 and libsigc++
- From: Krzysztof Kosiński <tweenk pl gmail com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gtkmm 3.0 and libsigc++
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:51:52 +0200
W dniu 27 lipca 2010 11:01 użytkownik Murray Cumming
<murrayc murrayc com> napisał:
>> 1. sigc::trackable is not threadsafe.
> A patch for this could make a break far more likely. I wouldn't want to
> do 2 breaks.
The easiest way to fix this is to allow sigc++ to depend on Glib when
it's present at build time. In addition to being able to use Glib
mutexes, we could use the slice allocator. Since the predominant use
of libsigc++ is within gtkmm, this would not add an extra dependency
in 95% of cases, and in the remaining 5% it could be turned off at
build time. Is this OK?
>> 2. https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=167714
> And that needs a patch too.
The patch in the bug was only partially committed, and the rest of it
fixes one of the O(N) issues. The simplest fix to the second one (in
sigc::trackable) involves using std::tr1::unordered_map instead of
std::list, but I'm not sure whether this is acceptable.
] [Thread Prev