Re: Questions and Problems With gtkmm and Visual C++ 2010

On 02/08/2010, Jim Orcheson <jim va3hj ca> wrote:
> See below. In summary, one question/problem has been answered.
>
> Reece Dunn wrote:
>> On 2 August 2010 12:51, Jim VA3HJ <va3hj va3hj ca> wrote:
>>
>>> I am attempting to use gtkmm with Visual C++ 2010. So far I have created
>>> property sheet to match the contents in gtkmm-vc90-d-2_4.vsprops except
>>> as
>>> outlined in the problems and questions below:
>>>
>>> 1. How do I set AdditionalOptions="/vd2"? I have looked at each option in
>>> the C/C++ section of the properties editor but don't see anywhere this
>>> would
>>> get set.
>>>

>> "C/C++ > Command Line" ?
>>
> Command Line shows all the options that would be on the compiler call.
> It is read-only.

Below that there is an "Additional options:" label with a multi-line
text edit control below it. You can add items there. At least you can
on 2008.

>>> 2. When I attempt to compile the simple test program outlined in "Using
>>> gtkmm with Microsoft Visual Studio" I get the following error:
>>> /c:\gtkmm\gtk\2.0\lib\gdkmm-2.4\include\gdkmmconfig.h(5): fatal error
>>> C1083:
>>> Cannot open include file: 'pangommconfig.h': No such file or directory
>>> /pangommconfig.h is not one of the files included by the installer.
>>>

>> Is the path to Pango listed in the "C/C++ > General > Additional
>> Include Directories" section for the Configuration you are using?
>>
> Yes, but as I stated above, there is no pangommconfig.h file installed
> by the installer.

What does the gtkmm documentation say about external libraries? Does
it say that you need to get (and build?) Pango separately when using
Windows/Visual Studio?

- Reece