Re: Questions and Problems With gtkmm and Visual C++ 2010

On 2 August 2010 12:51, Jim VA3HJ <va3hj va3hj ca> wrote:
> I am attempting to use gtkmm with Visual C++ 2010. So far I have created a
> property sheet to match the contents in gtkmm-vc90-d-2_4.vsprops except as
> outlined in the problems and questions below:
>
> 1. How do I set AdditionalOptions="/vd2"? I have looked at each option in
> the C/C++ section of the properties editor but don't see anywhere this would
> get set.

"C/C++ > Command Line" ?

> 2. When I attempt to compile the simple test program outlined in "Using
> gtkmm with Microsoft Visual Studio" I get the following error:
> /c:\gtkmm\gtk\2.0\lib\gdkmm-2.4\include\gdkmmconfig.h(5): fatal error C1083:
> Cannot open include file: 'pangommconfig.h': No such file or directory
> /pangommconfig.h is not one of the files included by the installer.

Is the path to Pango listed in the "C/C++ > General > Additional
Include Directories" section for the Configuration you are using?

> 3. Can I use the libraries compiled by/for VC++ 2008, or must they be
> rebuilt using VC++ 2010?

In general mixing binaries from different visual studio versions is a
bad idea. It may work, but you are risking ABI changes for the
standard library classes, memory management and code generation
differences.

If the libraries expose either a C or COM API, they should be usable
between compiler versions, but it is not guaranteed.

- Reece