Re: Glade, GTKMM, and adding widgets to containers that are created in Glade.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Steve Scott <sjscott007 gmail com> wrote:

get_widget_derived() might be what you area looking for. Here is some
informatin about its use with Gtk::Builder though it was much the same
with libglademm:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-builder-using-derived-widgets.html.en

www.openismus.com

Murray,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have used the derived widget for my main window, and that works fine, but is this the only way to add widgets to Glade containers?

Thanks,

Steve

I went back and derived a ScrolledWindow Class ( m_refGlade->get_widget_derived("myscrolledwindow",myscrolledwindow); ).  Then inside that class I created the tree and the model, and added the tree it to itself.  And sure enough it worked....

Now my question is how come I have to derive a container to add to it?  I should be able to manipulate any widget from glade with the standard m_refGlade->get_widget right?  Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Steve