Re: Gtk::VolumeButton how to change value without emmiting signal?

Mark Roberts wrote:
Dear Sledge Hammer,

I am using a Gtk::VolumeButton. I want to change it's value without
emmiting singal_value_changed. Is this possible?

I am interested what the list will answer.

I had the same question a few years ago and found that it was the wrong question. My situation was this: when a value changes (triggered by network, program logic, or however) the GUI needs to be updated, and updating the GUI of course changes the value. This leads to a recursive infinite loop.

I normally keep a sigc::connection for my signal handler to the value_changed() signal and whenever I want to change the value programatically I use a connection.block()/connection.unblock() pair to prevent the signal handler from running.

Armin