Glade, GTKMM, and adding widgets to containers that are created in Glade.

Hi,

Is there some trick to adding hand coded widgets to containers that were in created in Glade.  In other words I have a ScrolledWindow created in Glade and in code I have created a TreeView (and model).  No matter what I try I am unable to see my TreeView appear in my GUI.  From all the examples I have found this is how it is supposed to work in this case:

 m_refGlade->get_widget("myscrolledwindow", m_myScrolledWindow); // get my glade defined ScrolledWindow Widget
 m_myScrolledWindow->add(*m_myTreeView); // add my TreeView Widget to the scrolledWindow.  (and yes the Treeview has a listmodel)
 m_myTreeView->show(); // update the GUI

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Steve