Re: Wrapping gtkimageview

Am Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:40:04 -0600 schrieb Jonathon Jongsma:

> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 19:43 +0100, Andreas Volz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm currently building a C++ wrapper for gtkimageview[1]. The
> > documentation on gtkmm.org for this is really good. I build a
> > gtkimageviewmm library and it builds (currently without any .hg
> > and .ccg files). Then I started to add the first class files:
> >
> > imageview.hg:
> >
> > _DEFS(gtkimageviewmm,gtkimageview)
> > //_PINCLUDE(gtkmm/private/bin_p.h)
> >
> > namespace Gtk
> > {
> >
> > class ImageView : public Widget
> > {
> >   _CLASS_GTKOBJECT(ImageView,GtkImageView,GTK_IMAGE_VIEW,Gtk::Widget,GtkWidget)
> > public:
> >
> >   _CTOR_DEFAULT
> >
> >   //_WRAP_SIGNAL(void clicked(), "clicked")
> >

> >   //_WRAP_PROPERTY("label", Glib::ustring)
> > };
> >
> > } // namespace Gtk
> >

> > imageview.ccg:
> >
> > #include <gtkimageview/gtkimageview.h>
> >
> > namespace ImageView
> > {
> >

> > } /* namespace ImageView */
> >

> > Not much, but I hoped a least the constructoe should work. But I get
> > this compile error:
> >
> > imageview.cc: In static member function 'static void
> > Gtk::ImageView_Class::class_init_function(void*, void*)':
> > imageview.cc:82: error: incomplete type 'Gtk::Widget_Class' used in
> > nested name specifier make[4]: *** [imageview.lo] Fehler 1
> >
> > Any ideas what I'm doing wring?
> >
> > regards
> > Andreas
>
> I don't know for sure, but my guess is that you're missing a 'private
> include'.  If you look up above at the commented out _PINCLUDE line,
> you might try to use something like
> _PINCLUDE(gtkmm/private/widget_p.h)

Thanks. This was the reason. The wrapping is not yet finished, but it's
going on. What is the current policy. Do you prefer the mm wrapper
library to stay on the authors website or do you centralize it in the
gtkmm SVN?

Would you think someone from this list would review the wrapper if it's
running to be sure no wrapper newbie mistakes are done?

regards
Andreas