Re: I need your help

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 09:06 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Qeeken Tan <qeeken gmail com> wrote:
> > Dear Mr/Miss
> >        I am a Linux lover from China and I want to learn GTK programming in
> > Linux ,but I found it is difficult to find any HOWTO document or HELP
> > document written in Chinese. Then I found your website,and  I think it is
> > quite useful ,but not all the programmer are good at English ,and I want to
> > translate it into Chinese and share it with other free software lovers and
> > Linux lovers who want to learn GTK programming ,I hope I can get this
> > permission to do it .
> >         Thanks a lot.
>
> Hello,
> What document in particular do you want to translate?  If you are
> referring to the gtkmm tutorial
> (http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/index.html), then
> you may modify and redistribute this document in accordance with the
> free documentation license, which allows translation.  Hope that
> helps.

I just converted gtkmm-documentation to use gnome-doc-utils, as used by
other GNOME DocBook documents. So now people can translate the tutorial
via .po files, just as they would translate UIs for GNOME applications,
and those translations can go into our svn.

Please contact the GNOME Documentation team or gnome-love for more help
with these tools, or ask us again if you really don't find help there.

www.openismus.com