Re: Two warnings when creating a TreeStore

Jos�lburquerque wrote:
One weird question on this: Can a pointer to a class be used in a TreeModelColumn<..> of a TreeColumnRecord class (such as TreeModelColumn<MyBaseClass*>)? I'm thinking of using a pointer to my class instead of the class itself.

-Jose

May I ask one more question on this? I thought my warnings all went away, but they went away because I used two columns (a ustring and a MyBaseClass*) for the treeStore and only added the ustring column to the TreeView. When I added the BaseClass pointer column to the TreeView I get one warning which repeats when the TreeView is "redrawn":

   (gdvdauthor:7637): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property
   `text' of type `gchararray' from value of type
   `glibmm__CustomPointer_P10DVDElement'

I tested using a ustring pointer column and I get a similar warning (which also repeats on "redraw"):

   (gdvdauthor:6228): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: unable to set property
   `text' of type `gchararray' from value of type
   `glibmm__CustomPointer_PN4Glib7ustringE'

Anyone understand how pointer columns produce warnings of this sort? I'm sorry, I'm so new at this and I hope these are not frustrating questions. :-(

-Jose