Re: Two warnings when creating a TreeStore

Paul Davis wrote:
You shouldn't ever try to use global instances of Gtkmm objects. All
gtkmm objects need be created after the Gtkmm type system has been
initialized, which is done inside Gtk::init().

Either use a pointer or make it a member.

--p

I understand. I already do this. I just didn't want to post all the details of my programming. For your peace of mind, my initialization code looks like the following:

   int
   main (int argc, char *argv[])
   {
       Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);

       MainWindow mainWindow;
       DVDProject* p = new DVDProject("/tmp", "jose");
       // mainWindow.setProject(*p);
kit.run(mainWindow);

       return 0;
   }

The DVDProject constructor is in charge of creating the TreeStore in the following way:

   DVDProject::DVDProject(const ustring& parentDir, const ustring& name) {
       this->parentDir = parentDir;
       this->name = name;
       treeStoreRef = TreeStore::create(DVDProject::columns);
   }

The DVDProject::columns is simply defined as:

   Columns DVDProject::columns;

Any ideas?  Thanks so much.

Sincerely
-Jose