Two warnings when creating a TreeStore

Hi all. I'm working on my first (though not as easy as I thought) project. :-) For what I'm doing I'm using a TreeView and a corresponding TreeStore model. I posted on this before in a thread called "Displaying a 'hierarchy' of classes in a TreeView", but I've moved further along (thank you Aaron for the link you sent me it was very helpful!) and I'm sort of stuck on some warnings I'm now getting.

I get the warnings after I create the TreeStore using a single column TreeModelColumnRecord class that looks like the following:

   class Columns : public TreeModelColumnRecord {
   public:
       Columns()
           { add(element); }
       TreeModelColumn<Element> element;
   };

   Columns columns;

These are the warnings I'm getting (I haven't added any rows to the TreeStore yet):

(process:19528): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.0/gobject/gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(gdvdauthor:19528): Gtk-WARNING **: /build/buildd/gtk+2.0-2.10.13/gtk/gtktreestore.c:323: Invalid type (null)

Would anyone know why I'm getting these warnings when I create the TreeStore? BTW, The "Element" class is a user defined type that represents a "node" (single column row) in a tree I'm trying to build (from my own custom type). It just looks like the following:

   class Element {
   public:
       Element();
       virtual ustring getName(void);
   };

Please help.  I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Sincerely
Jose