Re: Development of gstmm

José Alburquerque wrote:
BTW, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, not only that it will help you, but it might also help us to understand what people expect from the GStreamer C++ bindings.

-- Milosz

Thanks for answering. I completely understand the development stage now. I thought that gstmm development might need some help, but it is clear to me that it is going just fine. :-) For now, I will try to use C in my application. I look forward to success with gstmm and if I have any more questions, I'll ask. Thanks again.

Before I let this go, trying to use some C code, I noticed that use of signaling will probably be necessary (which wont be pretty). If I can I'd rather wait to use C++ code (it doesn't matter if it's a few months because I'm in on hurry). Maybe in the mean time, I can sort of familiarize myself with the wrapping process in case I can help in some way (if you might accept some possible contribution to the wrapping process). Maybe a few questions will clear things up in my mind:

In the gst/src directory, there are a few *.defs files (it looks like they're written in scheme), where do they come from? Are they written out manually? I also notice that there are *.hg and *.ccg files. As I understand from reading the gtkmmproc docs these files will be processed in the first pass to later generate the *.cc and *.h files. What determines the processing of the *.hg *.ccg files? (What I'm asking, if possible, is: How was gtkmmproc "written" and how does it work?) I know these may be general questions, but I really want to get a sense of what's going on in case I may be able to add something to gstmm. Thanks.

-Jose