Re: Development of gstmm

Milosz Derezynski wrote:
Wrapping equals functionality here basically; the more we wrap, the more functionality we get in the direct C++ API (not using C workarounds). So far some substantial part of the basics has been wrapped, but we encountered problems with GstMiniObject at the moment, it being a fundamental type alongside GObject (its counterpart being Glib::Object in glibmm), and we're a little stuck there, but we _are_ actively working on it and development speed and quality has been really good so far.

One we get a few of the current problems resolved, i will put up a page on live.gnome.org <http://live.gnome.org> (although freedesktop might be more appropriate, as GStreamer is hosted on freedesktop nowadays).

BTW, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask, not only that it will help you, but it might also help us to understand what people expect from the GStreamer C++ bindings.

-- Milosz

Thanks for answering. I completely understand the development stage now. I thought that gstmm development might need some help, but it is clear to me that it is going just fine. :-) For now, I will try to use C in my application. I look forward to success with gstmm and if I have any more questions, I'll ask. Thanks again.

-Jose