Re: gtkmm and fortran

Eric,

Not sure about the g2c being replaced, but I tried compiling like you
had and I was getting linker errors about undefined symbols. When I
replaced -lgofortran with -lg2c it worked. I was still compiling with
gfortran which the manpage says is a fortran 95 compiler.

HTH,
Paul

On 1/20/07, eric jrdn2 <eric_jrdn2 yahoo fr> wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 09:10 +0100, eric jrdn2 wrote:
>
>> I did not understand your answer, Paul.
>> I think that lg2c has been replaced by lgfortran now that gfortran has
>> replaced g77.
>>
>> By the way, thank you, John, for your results on ubuntu. Now I know it
>> works on gentoo and ubuntu.
>> Why does this code give me a "internal error: printf is broken" on my
>> debian computer !!?!! If I remove the Gtk::Main line of the c++ code, it
>> works...
>>

> Maybe the GTK+ initialization is doing something with the locale, which
> it needs to do. You should probably try a GTK+ test case, then take this
> to the gfortran people. It's their error.

Thank you for the hint, Murray.