Re: virtual signal system ?

> On Sat, 2006-11-11 at 00:35 +0100, Bo Lorentsen wrote:
> [snip]
> > The gain from this model would be better performance (not a lot of
> > unused virtual function), and lower memory footprint (no or very
> > small vtables).

I frankly don't see a problem here.  I'm only aware of one problem:
Gtkmm binaries (esp. with debug information) are _large_.  However,
I'm not sure if it is a problem with Gtkmm, libsigc++ or just with
C++ itself.

From my experience, you shouldn't bother that GUI-related code is
slow, it is usually fast enough anyway, even if it can be rewritten
to be more efficient (but usually less clear and simple.)

Paul