Re: virtual signal system ?

Murray Cumming wrote:

I'm not aware of significant performance problems on regular desktop
PCs. For embedded hardware, this API is optional at build time.
Hmm, I found some discussion on the net, of the cost of gtkmm (i need to find the link, sorry) and the overhead of the library. And I have been using the lib for some minor projects and was a bit worried about the cost of "empty signal function" if some of the projects scaled up.

Just think about projects like k3d, the number of empty signal functions must me enormous !

Anyway, we would need a very good reason to do a
API-break-plus-parallel-install.
Yes, I know that, and for now I just want to here if this model was worth looking into, as this removed the forced use of the signal vtables (on_* functions).

/BL