Re: New gtkmm24.2.6.9-2.fc4.i386

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 09:05 -0700, Denis Leroy wrote:
> Alberto Chiodi wrote:
> > This is the question:
> > Yesterday night (Italy time) I updated my system FC4 and yum processed
> > new files (with the new kernel 2.6.17...).
> > Yum stopped the update with the message of missing dependency: library
> > libatkmm-1.6.so.1 is need by Gparted program.
>
> Hi Alberto,
>
> Yup, it's all my fault. I temporarily broke the FC-4 yum update for
> gtkmm-related package. I did a routine upgrade from gtkmm 2.6.5 to gtkmm
> 2.6.9, not realizing right away that an entire so library went away.

I'm not sure what this is referring to, and it sounds scary.
[snip]
>  There's only one
> package that still needs to be rebuilt (wp_tray), but all the other ones
> (Gparted, inkscape, regexxer, ..) are fixed,
[snip]

Are you talking about an ABI break? Have I done something bad?

> More on the topic, does anyone one what happened to libatkmm.so in 2.6.9 ?

Eek. I guess I need to investigate. There's a special patch that maybe
got into cvs or the tarball that never should have.

If this did get into the tarball, you (as a distro packager) should be
telling me and _not_ just packaging it. If you have, please revert
immediately. You know that gtkmm is _meant_ to be ABI stable.

www.openismus.com