Re: Website update?

On 6/10/06, Gezim Hoxha <gezimetc shaw ca> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-10-06 at 14:33 -0500, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

The new version looks much better. However, padding of the sidebar is
too high (both top and left).

I disagree.  I think the sidebar should line up vertically with the
main content.  You've moved it up so that now it's quite a bit higher
than the main part of the page.
Also, to me it looks much more pleasing to have roughly equal space on
the left and right sides of the sidebar.  You've moved it to the left
so now there's a small gap on the left and a relatively big gap on the
right (between the sidebar and the content).

Also, I experimented a bit and if you
change the colour in #header .content to #BD311F, I think it looks
better because it distinguishes the top links from the gtkmm description
("C++ Interfaces for GTK+ and GNOME"). If you guys don't like the colour
change, how about changing the colour of the top links to maroon (just
like "Other resources") and changing the background to the striped one?
This way, all the links will look the same.

So, for the first change, here is the link:
http://people.uleth.ca/~gezim.hoxha/index2.shtml
and for the second one (I prefer this):
http://people.uleth.ca/~gezim.hoxha/index.shtml

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.  I still prefer mine to either of
those.  The first one especially (with the red title text) doesn't
look good to me.  The second one is better, but it doesn't feel quite
right to me.

Jonner