Re: Website update?

On 6/9/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

The new site is located here:
http://jonathon.quotidian.org/gtkmm.org/index.shtml
(be gentle with the server, though.  It's only served on a DSL line
for now)

It looks generally more up-to-date, though not radically cool.

Were you looking for radically cool?  Because that's not really what I
was going for, and I'm not sure I'm capable of radically cool, anyway
:)

3. The "Other Resources" title is odd, because I didn't at first see
that the "main" menu items are in a horizontal list at the top. I'm
quite sure that this will lead to people not finding stuff. I like the

I agree that the title is a bit odd.
Would it help if the horizontal list was aligned along the left
instead of the right so that it was harder to miss the 'main' menu?
Or do you think a totally different arrangement is necessary?

4. On the other pages (not the first page), the page looks rather plain
- both the left and right hand sides are just black on a white
background. But I don't like the thin lines that we have on the current
site.

hmm.  I'm not so sure I agree with this.  I tend to think that the
plain white main section looks rather elegant and uncluttered, but
that's just my opinion.  I'll experiment more with some
differentiation of the sidebar, though I've tried some things already
and wasn't happy with them at all.

Thanks for the input,
Jonner