Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!
- From: Roger Leigh <roger whinlatter uklinux net>
- To: Maya <EscalanteCanada netscape net>
- Cc: murrayc murrayc com, gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:36:24 +0100
Maya <EscalanteCanada netscape net> writes:
> That would not be the case. You see, I have been able to compile a
> even simpler program without the use of Makefile, just from the
> prompt. This is the program I compiled:
> #include <gtkmm.h>
> int main(int argc, char *argv)
> Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);
> Gtk::Window window;
> return 0;
This doesn't prove the ABI is different, just that it's not changed
for Gtk::Main and Gtk::Window's constructors and the run() method.
The ABI is only subtly different, and what you see is breakage only
when you use certain classes/methods.
You don't notice the problem at all using C--it's purely a minor
change from GCC 3.2.x to 3.3.x. If you try with a pure C GTK+
program, you won't notice any problems at all.
Printing on GNU/Linux? http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/
GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848. Please sign and encrypt your mail.
] [Thread Prev