Re: [gtkmm] Compiling my first gtkmm program - HELP!!

Maya <EscalanteCanada netscape net> writes:

> That would not be the case. You see,  I have been able to compile a
> even simpler program without the use of Makefile, just from the
> prompt. This is the program I compiled:
> #include <gtkmm.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[])
> {
>     Gtk::Main kit(argc, argv);
>
>     Gtk::Window window;
>
>     Gtk::Main::run(window);
>      return 0;
> }

This doesn't prove the ABI is different, just that it's not changed
for Gtk::Main and Gtk::Window's constructors and the run() method.
The ABI is only subtly different, and what you see is breakage only
when you use certain classes/methods.

You don't notice the problem at all using C--it's purely a minor
change from GCC 3.2.x to 3.3.x.  If you try with a pure C GTK+
program, you won't notice any problems at all.

--
Roger Leigh