RE: [gtkmm] Custom TreeStore Problems

> From: Christof Petig [mailto:christof petig-baender de]
> -----
> So, to Murray: Do you see that there is Value to a custom
> TreeModel in
> this case?

In general, I am happy for custom models to be possible, and for the
techique to be properly documented.

In this case, I am not convinced that enough research has been done to fix
the original performance problem. People don't seem to have this problem
with GTK+, and Daniel didn't seem to have this problem with gtkmm in
regexxer. If someone can show that it's a gtkmm-specific problem then I
would like to investigate that.

Basically, I like to isolate problems, put them in bugzilla, and fix them.

> Another example might be a model where column contents
> interact with each other (e.g. Color is dependant on text content).
> -----
>
> But ... this does not yet explain the problem mentioned on the
> gtk-app-devel list (see my previous post for the source). He did only
> append.

I seem to have lost that. Do you have a link to the archives?

murrayc usa net