RE: [gtkmm] Developing portable enterprise applications

--- Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Alessandro Oliveira
> > we found that gtkmm it
> > is a great
> > toolkit and it has a very clean design, although
> it is
> > slightly slow on
> > windows, I mean its larger than we think it should
> be.
>
> So you have found that something is slow and you
> _guess_ it's due to the
> size of the library's binary? Or do you have some
> more information?
>
> Is anything in particular slow?

I am coding a multiplatform Doom level editor with
gtkmm. It uses a drawingarea widget and draws the
level graphics line by line. I have found that this
kind of drawing is a lot slower on Windows than Linux.

This most likely isn't gtkmm's fault, though. I seem
to remember someone writing to gtk-win32 developer's
list with a similar problem a while ago. The slowdown
had something to do with the drawing primitives being
very different on X and Windows.