RE: [gtkmm] Developing portable enterprise applications

At 02:42 PM 6/25/2003 +0200, you wrote:
> From: Alessandro Oliveira [mailto:alessandro o nunoferreira com br]
> we found that gtkmm it
> is a great
> toolkit and it has a very clean design, although it is
> slightly slow on
> windows, I mean its larger than we think it should be.

So you have found that something is slow and you _guess_ it's due to the
size of the library's binary? Or do you have some more information?

Is it slow at startup and/or when the program runs ? Did you try to strip the DLLs from their debugging symbols ? The gtkmm DLL I provide on my binaries page includes debugging symbols, as requested by some users.

Is anything in particular slow? For a database application I guess you are
using Gtk::TreeView quite a lot. That can be slow in some cases, but there
are ways to avoid the problems or speed it up.

You're right, scrolling a treeview might be a little slow on windows. But it's a gtk+ problem, not a gtkmm one.

Cedric