RE: [gtkmm] Developing portable enterprise applications

> From: Alessandro Oliveira [mailto:alessandro o nunoferreira com br]
> we found that gtkmm it
> is a great
> toolkit and it has a very clean design, although it is
> slightly slow on
> windows, I mean its larger than we think it should be.

So you have found that something is slow and you _guess_ it's due to the
size of the library's binary? Or do you have some more information?

Is anything in particular slow? For a database application I guess you are
using Gtk::TreeView quite a lot. That can be slow in some cases, but there
are ways to avoid the problems or speed it up.

Actually I would expect gtkmm to be slower than wxWindows on Windows because
gtkmm does not use the win32 API. But I would not expect the difference to
be noticeable by a user and I have no proof that it actually makes any
difference even in unperceivable ways.

Sorry for not giving a fuller answer to your question.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com
Remember to use the "Reply To All" feature with mailing lists.