Re: [gtkmm] Gtkmm or Qt?

At 12:00 PM 8/28/2003 +0930, Dr Mark H Phillips wrote:
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 20:06, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
> Windows support is definitely there and runs good, at least for Gtkmm 2.0. With > consequent use of Autoconf/Automake you won't see a difference between building > a Gtkmm project on Linux or on W32 with MinGW. I ran into problems using higher
> versions than 2.0, though, but I'm positive this'll be fixed.

Could you please elaborate on this, Markus ?

How do you find the look and feel is compared to windows?  Will a
windows user notice that the program is a gtkmm one rather than
a normal windows one?  And if yes, will they notice much?

It depends on the theme you use for GTK+ on win32. gtk-wimp is really nice (http://gtk-wimp.sourceforge.net/screenshots/) and tries to mimic the win2K/XP look and feel as close as possible. There are still some differences though, for example the file selector which is still the GTK+ one. Of course, you're always free to slightly break the platform portability of your code and add some win32-specific lines here and there (to use the native fileselector, like Qt does I guess) ! See the thread http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-March/msg00179.html for a lengthly discussion on the (dis-)advantages of using native widgets.

Cedric