[gtkmm] Gtkmm or Qt?

Hi,

My company is currently thinking about GUI toolkits
and what we should use.  We want portability between
different platforms, namely between Solaris, Linux
and MS Windows.  We develop non-free software so
we want to use a licence which permits this.

Currently the most likely option is that we will use
Qt.  I have some concerns about this, in particular: it
may tie us too closely to C++ (not to mention
MOC).  We also use Perl and a bit of Java.  And who
knows what programming languages we will need to use
in 5 or 10 years time.

It seems to me that although currently Qt is more polished,
has the best RAD tool (QtDesigner), and the best cross-platform
support, that this may change.  Wrappers for Gtk+ seem to be
being developed for all sorts of languages.  And improvements
for Gtk+ seem to be happening at a fast pace.  But my perceptions
may be wrong.

I am interested in people's views.  Is gtkmm (and gtk+) a serious
option for my company?  In particular I'm not sure whether serious
MS Windows support is there yet.  Also, development time might be
slower because Glade isn't as advanced as QtDesigner.

And if gtkmm is not quite good enough for our company yet, is this
picture likely to change and if so, when?

The other thing which concerns me is the web page:

  http://www.telegraph-road.org/writings/gtkmm_vs_qt.html

where Guillaume Laurent makes a strong case for Qt over Gtkmm.  Is
there a response from Murray Cumming anywhere?  I have not been able
to find one so far.

Thanks,

Mark.