Re: [gtkmm] Gtkmm or Qt?

Ruediger Sonderfeld <cplusplushelp gmx net> writes:

> I don't know QtDesigner. But I think Glade isn't really usefull because writing the code
> is sepperated from the design process.
>
> First you have to design the GUI and than you can write your Code in the Code generated by Glade.
> If you have to change the GUI you have a problem because you must regenerate the
> code and then merge your code into the code generated by glade
>
> (or I never realised how to use glade a better way)

Use libglademm to load the Glade interface at run-time.  This way you
have complete separation between the UI design and implementation
(Glade is not used to generate *any* code).

I wrote a short tutorial on this
(<URL:http://www.whinlatter.uklinux.net/gtk/ogcalc-1.0.1.tar.bz2>).
I'm sure there are much better documents around, though!

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh