Re: [gtkmm] Gtkmm or Qt?

Hi Roger,

> Use libglademm to load the Glade interface at run-time.  This way you
> have complete separation between the UI design and implementation
> (Glade is not used to generate *any* code).

Am I right in thinking that libglademm allows interfaces to be generated
from an xml file rather than through specific gtkmm function calls?

Does this xml file have to be generated by glade, or are there library
functions for building the xml code which would allow the fine-tuning
of your gui at runtime?

How well does libglademm link in with libsig++?  Does the fact that the
latter is implemented using templates hinder runtime signals and slots
that you might wish to create?

> I wrote a short tutorial on this
> (<URL:http://www.whinlatter.uklinux.net/gtk/ogcalc-1.0.1.tar.bz2>).
> I'm sure there are much better documents around, though!

I downloaded this, thanks!  I am running on plain Debian woody.  Do
I need to upgrade some parts of sarge to compile this stuff?

Thanks,

Mark.