Re: [gtkmm] retype() and retype_return()

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 16:07, Carl Nygard wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 09:40, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > No. People don't understand libsigc++ so they don't contribute to it.
> > Drastic action is needed to fix that. I expect that people will be less
> > daunted by a smaller set of code.
> >

> No, it's not the library that is hard to understand,

You're telling me that you understand all of the generated code? Why
haven't I received patches adding comments that explain it?

> it's the m4 macros
> that generate the many templates that make it daunting.

True, but we have no solution for that.

>  You're
> proposing to remove binders that already work, one of which I
> contributed because I thought the functionality was incomplete.

What functionality do you mean? Bear in mind that I intend to keep some
kind of hide_return() and bind_return() functionality.

>  You're
> proposing to return the library to an incomplete state.

It will not be incomplete as far as gtkmm is concerned.

> So at the very least, I'll maintain what I contributed.  Just keep it in
> the library.

Maintain extra stuff in a separate library. Do you need it that much?
That's the test.

murrayc usa net