Re: [gtkmm] retype() and retype_return()

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 15:51, Jarek Dukat wrote:
> > The extra functions are actually the easiest parts of the code to
> > understand. I just need to remove them to focus attention on the core
> > code.
>
> I can't understand why do you think that removing easy-to-understand part
> of library would make the core part easier/less scary/whatever. It is
> nonsense for me.

At the least:
1. Someone wants to understand the library. They see lots of code. They
run away.
2. Someone greps the code. They get lots of results. They don't see at a
glance what's relevant. The central role of that symbol is not clear.

Less code is less code to understand. If a library has a smaller mandate
then it's easier to maintain.

I have given you a way out - libsigc_extras. Don't complain about my
maintainership of libsigc++. Either maintain libsigc++ yourself or
maintain libsigc_extras.

murrayc usa net