Re: [gtkmm] retype() and retype_return()

Am 25.07.2002 18:36 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming:
(...)

What functionality do you mean? Bear in mind that I intend to keep some
kind of hide_return() and bind_return() functionality.

I may sound like a broken record but:
There are only bind, bind_return, hide, retype, retype_return, convert.
It's really not that much! I consider these adaptors all of equal
importance. Adaptor one to five in my enumeration form some kind of
group - if you remove one of them there is a lack in functionality.
So you may either remove them _all_ of them or none - it would be very
inconsistent to leave two of them that are chosen by mere chance and
it would provoke tons of emails on the mailing list asking why adaptor
xyz is not included in the main library any more.
Convert() at last is an all-purpuse-adaptor that can come in very
handy when you want to connect a function to a signal where the
parameter type are similar but not implicitely convertable.

Regards,

  Martin