Re: [[gtkmm] Destroying container problem]

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 18:50, Andrew E. Makeev wrote:

> You know, I am tired of getting this bug separated from my whole app...
>
> It's disapperaing once I cut my code off to leave only problem part compiling.
>
> To remove the problem I redesigned interaction btw my app classes several times. I
> am using now signal-slot function connection from one class to another instead of
> passing class pointer to another class constructor. Also, I am using manage()
> mostly to create widgets that gonna be added to containers. But problem is raising
> time to time when my app is growing further.
[...]
> I think, you should have my example in complex to catch that. Of course, I will
> remove as much code as I could to reproduce bug.

It sounds exacly like my problems with app's GUI when I used g++-2.95 to
compile it. It crashed from time to time, sometimes it was enough to
change order of members in a class, sometimes I had to use pointers
instead of member objects and finally I changed compiler to g++-3.1 and
all problems disappeared. Daniel promised to check this but I suppose he
has no time for that. Please check your code with 3.1. If it solves your
problems it will be a confirmation of problems that I reported some time
ago and it will mean big troubles for Gtkmm maintainers.
If don't have g++3.1 send me your crashing code (but please make it as
small as possible) and I'll test it with 3.1.

When I was searching for the bug it was enough to remove one widget and
the problem disappeared. I'm affraid you won't find that bug if it is
the same problem that I faced.

> One more question: is there any relation with g++ version I am using? (It is 2.96)

Let's hope it is not compiler-related :)

--
struct Sig {
  string name("     J a r e k   D u k a t     ");

Jak znalezc swoja druga polowe? Zajrzyj...
Wyjatkowy serwis randkowy. >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1614